How humidified air improves people’s health and comfort.

 

People spend more than half of their lives indoors, thus indoor air quality, including the right levels of temperature and humidity, have become essential for personal health and comfort.

 

How does the humidified air improves people’s health and comfort?

 

  • Increases employee comfort;
  • Reduces the time that pathogens spend in the air;
  • Minimizes absenteeism;
  • Maximizes energy savings;
  • Improves the concentration power of employees.

 

Correct humidity levels are essential for health. Deviations from the average level of relative humidity ( of 40-60% ) can reduce air quality causing an increase in the number of bacteria, viruses, fungi and mites. Bacteria and viruses, in particular, thrive in an environment where the air is too dry. Studies have shown that when the humidity level falls below 40%, absenteeism at work due to medical reasons increases. On the other hand, if the air is too humid (over 60%), allergic reactions also increase due to the increase in the number of mites. Properly humidified spaces feel warmer and more comfortable, especially in the cold season, when it is necessary to use heating systems. People inside any building need adequate humidified air, and the cost of humidifying a building is easily offset by the fact that employees are healthy, comfortable and productive.

 

A correct level of humidity protects people from health problems associated with breathing dry air for extended periods of time.

 

These include:

 

  • Asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory diseases;
  • Sore throat;
  • Irritated eyes;
  • Dry skin and dermatitis;
  • Nasal bleeding;
  • Higher stress levels;
  • Dehydration;
  • Risk of infection.

 

“Over time, low humidity can cause dryness and inflammation of the mucous membranes that cover the airways, preventing them from functioning properly. As a result, the risk of catching colds, flu and other viruses increases. Some viruses can survive longer when humidity is low, increasing your chances of getting sick. ” – Dr. Shukla, pulmonologist – New York – source – drmayankshukla.com

 

Dry air removes moisture from the human body, causing eczema and dermatitis associated with dry skin, dry and irritated eyes, and chapped lips. The nasal passages also lose moisture, affecting their ability to protect us from airborne germs and increasing the likelihood of nosebleeds. Research suggests that the flu virus lives longer in a low humidity level, giving it more opportunities to infect people when their immune systems are weakened. Dry indoor air dries and irritates the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, thus if a person suffers from asthma, they are likely to have a chronic cough, especially at night, as well as more frequent asthma attacks. This is not only uncomfortable, but also increases the risk of permanent airway damage. With sufficient moisture inside the buildings, the human body maintains its normal level of humidity, therefore maintaining its health.

 

 

 

 

In addition to the health problems dry air can also interfere with the employees levels of comfort and concentration. A suffocating air environment, lacking the humidity levels and the temperature needed for a state of well-being, affects the performance of employees.

 

 

 

 

A humidifier can help improve indoor air quality to protect people’s health, being a leader in the humidification sector Condair can provide the right solution for air quality control, customized according to the design of the building and the number of occupants. As a Condair partner, Texco also has the necessary knowledge and qualified staff to solve humidity issues. We offer advice, support in choosing the right humidification system, commissioning, maintenance, spare parts, explanatory seminars and everything needed to ensure the perfect operation of our systems and an optimal climate for our customers.

 

Contact us if you want to provide the best humidification solution for your employees: Phone: + 40 269 252110 Email: office@texco.ro.

 

Article sources:

www.condair.com

www.mcwilliamsandson.com

 

 

 

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.